Thursday, August 31, 2017

State of Scanlation.

It feels good to have completed two years and to be heading into our third.

That said, we are looking at a number of series to pick up.  However, to do these properly we will need more staff.

Honestly they are accusing me of burning the candle at both ends, I can't help it, I do what I love.

I've created a new page that should help inform what positions are most needed for which series.

However, right now we could use Proofreaders and Redrawers most, with typesetters taking up a close third.

In the meantime, while we recover from our anniversary week, releases might be a bit slower and we might miss a chapter or two.

Yuizaki-san ha Negaru! and Saikin Kono Sekai wa Watashi are both coming to end of their volumes and I'll be purchasing them sometime in the next week.

Kunoichi no Ichi is waiting on redraws which are coming along slowly.

Starving Anonymous needs a lot of redraws.  One's I am not confident in doing myself.

Youkai Shoujo still needs a new translator if we are to finish it.  Otherwise it will be dropped when we release the final chapter of the current volume.

Edit:  2017-08-26:  I've finally updated the typesetter applicant test page.  Seems one of the pages was wrong...

Now, if I can stop finding new manga I want to work on...

7 comments:

  1. Do you have anyway to contract to cooperate with your guy?
    Saikin Kono Sekai Vol.3 raw volumn digital and Kirei ni Shitemoraemasuka 3 I already have raw. If you want contract me to my page https://www.facebook.com/Blazerscans/messages/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends on what you mean here. Last week was the cooperative effort of 2 translators (one mostly) three cleaners, 2 redrawers (not counting myself) and 3 Proofreaders/quality control staff. ALL of which are over tired.

      We won't even get into the typesetters... of which I am one. If we don't have anything to work on, we can't typeset. Not that there isnt anything, but you know, after preping for last week, we gotta put some family in.

      RAWs for Saikin would be appreciated if its the full digital volume, and I think we already have the raws for Kirei ni Shite~ c3

      Can you contact us in discord? Link should be to the side or on irc?

      Delete
  2. Love you guys, really appreciate your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for working in Ninkoi; do you think the releases will become a bit more regular?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. What held them back most between the last two chapters was the fact proofreading needed to be done. Yes, it was a trusted TLer who did them, but it doesn't negate the need.

      I've already started typesetting c13 and 14. My methodology is a bit different, but they are getting done. In fact, I'm still waiting on Hare kon, Yuizaki and saikin volumes to be Proofread so am taking my time and putting some effort into these while I wait.

      G

      Delete
    2. That's great. Considering you're already near the home stretch, I'd imagine hammering the last bit out could be a real motivator for you and your team

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your hard work
    I would like you to pickup this manga
    [Pon Takahanada] EnTrans!

    ReplyDelete