Friday, March 31, 2017

State of the Scanlation...

Welcome to 2017.

Yes, this looks like a small message from the future, in fact its the only way to pin the post to the top of the blog.  That said, a couple items.

I've seen questions in the irc channel, asking what the status is of specific series.  We do have a 'project status' page here for that, and I update it every time we have a release, or we have significant movement towards release on a series.

This month, I am working on a couple more Freezing Omakes, they are really short, however they should help sait the hunger/thirst for anything Freezing.  Don't expect much, each of the chapters are '6-9 pages' no more.

As for  Shishunki na Adam, otherwise known as Adam in Puberty, we are still working on it.  We have 3 or 4 chapters waiting, and just received the translation for chapter 23.

As for other series, they are slowly chugging along.  The holidays did a number on some of  us, and for others it allowed us to catch up.  A couple cleaners and proofreaders where able to do their work over the holidays, some of us of course had to slow down.

Please be patient, I've been doing my best to make sure there is a slow steady roll out of chapters from various series.

We still need raws for Ashitaba Family Husband from c25 to c33, we might have found a source for chapters which are more recent however otherwise we will have to wait until February-April for the next volume.

Unbreakable Machine Doll has NOT been in the last few months magazines, but we do have one that we are working on from before that.  (part of the team disappeared and I dropped the ball here, sorry).

Some of the newer series are not 'dropped' and we remain dedicated to at least FINISHING the current volume.

In the next couple weeks I'm also gonna work on the recruitment application to make it more streamlined.  The one right now seems to cludgy to work with.  (Current applications should be fine however)

* Jan 17th - I was informed by one of our translators (Demo) that his current workload in real life will keep him busy for at least another couple months.  He'll be back soon with lots of chapters for us.    Please keep in mind he works on at least 4 of our series.  Please be patient during this time.
  Edit:  The new application forms are up.  I made it so you no longer have to work through the 'other' positions info.

* Jan 23rd - I noticed recently that some questionaire/applications that came in where requests for access to the forms, and not filled out forms.  This should be corrected now.

* March 2nd - Some of our series are slowing down to lack of good QC's.  Please, if you can QC (Quality Control/Assurance) and have 'grammar natzi' type habits, please apply.  The application process is now easier, and we will be happy to take you on or at least a trial basis.

* March 11th -  We are still in need of QCers, and at least one typesetter who has access to Photoshop (I use the CC version but v7+ is fine I think).  We've been informed that we are loosing our QC for Youkai Shoujo, and we still need one for Yuizaki, as well as room for them to work on various other series on a per-needed basis.  Please visit the recruitment page and submit the form.  We also find outselves in need for at least one Translator.   You'd be helpful in both TLC and working across the board.  In exchange, if there is a series that translator wishes to see worked on, we can move it to the fore-front.

4 comments:

  1. Whatever the case, I'm still here with you guys.

    Aside from the quality of your work, you haven't dropped good series that I like for flimsy reasons (which is more than I can say for certain other groups). I really appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I really appreciate u guys scantalating Mangas. Though there are many series I wished u guys could take I know u guys are ald full on hand. GOOD LUCK for all translations don't disappear on us like other groups, know that there are many people supporting herd 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,

      I can't see us disappearing any time soon. Only time will tell however.

      There are MANY projects we'd like to take on, but I think we are at our upper limit currently. I seem to be typesetting most projects with some help from some 'newer' members. Hopefully those projects will move faster in time.

      I really don't mind seeing which projects people want to see worked on, but unless it draws a Translators interest, the likelihood is low.


      Delete
    2. May the Goddess be with you :>

      Delete